The electricity and gas markets are complex, and there is a lot of money at stake. With 20 years of experience as analysts working in the New Zealand electricity and gas markets we have knowledge and tools to apply to a wide range of complex business problems where finding answers requires careful and insightful analysis of the market, modelling of scenarios, or professional guidance.
Energy Link’s areas of expertise include:
- detailed Grid modelling including the impact of new generation or load on prices, power flows, occurrence of constraints, HVDC link, and more
- the hedge markets (futures, CFDs, financial transmission rights, options)
- hedging strategy
- hedge valuations
- new generation investigations, effect on price and location and constraints, generation optimisation and valuation
- nodal dispatch and pricing issues
- forecasting of demand for electricity and gas
- forecasting and modelling of new technologies including solar photovoltaic and electric vehicles
- energy business strategy and analysis
As a client once put it, at Energy Link we "live and breathe electricity".